HEDNO’s Announcement as non-Interconnected Islands Operator on the procedure of application forms for the Connection of Plants with the use of Biomass, Biogas or Biofuels
It is announced that, from 08/01/2014, the interested parties for the installation of electricity generation plants with the use of biomass, biogas or biofuels that have generation permit or are exempted from the obligation of acquiring a generation permit, according to the regulations of L. 3851/2010 as it is in force, they can submit application forms with the necessary documents for the provision of Connection Offer to HEDNO’s Islands Network Operation Department – 29, Halkokondyli str., ATHENS during working days from 9.00 a.m. until 15.00p.m..
2. Regarding the issue of margins definition referring to the installed capacity of the generation plants for the above mentioned category per island system as well as for more specific issues referring to the management and operation of the above mentioned plants, the results of the study elaborated by the Technical University of Athens are expected, so as following the necessary elaboration the relevant Proposal of the Non-Interconnected Islands Operator to be sent to RAE for approval and to issue the Authority’s Decision as foreseen by L. 3851/2010.
Following HEDNO’s pre-study, in the current stage, the attached Table I is concluded with the temporary provided margins per island system.
It is noted that the maximum capacity per plant of the technology in question, for which an application form can be submitted for the relevant island system, cannot exceed the temporary margin indicated in the above mentioned Table.
3. The interested parties must submit the application form in an envelope including the required documents as mentioned below in paragraph 9 of the present Announcement.
All documents must be submitted in three copies.
The submission of application forms for the generation plants connection of the category in question will be made only by submission of the equivalent folders to the above mentioned competent HEDNO service (not by correspondence nor by courier etc.).
The person who visits the Service will be able to submit up to two (2) requests at a time keeping strictly the time of arrival.
4. The application forms in question will be checked as far as their completeness is concerned and provided that they are complete, they will receive a protocol number and will be registered in order of priority in a special file including requests for plants of biomass etc. per island system.
If the folder submitted contains insufficient documents, the request will not be accepted (it will not receive a protocol number).
5. The installation of one plant per independent property is allowed (independent properties are considered the fields for which separate ownership title is submitted or they are mentioned as such in the same title and they are not resulted from segmentation through lease or sale of its parts realized after the in force application of the L.3468/2006).
Multiple application forms will not be accepted for adjacent properties submitted under the form of apparently similar or alternating company forms with segmentation of the total capacity in separate plants. Separate application forms for adjacent properties of different ownership can be accepted subject to verification for non-correlation of the applicants during the evaluation stage so as the Connection Offer to be issued.
6. Change of installation site (without prejudice to the elements mentioned in article 3 of L. 4203/2013) or capacity increase of the submitted request is equivalent to new request (submission of new application form along with the relevant documents).
Changes in the in force application form are accepted only in cases of data changes of applicant’s statutes with the same TIN (according to article 2 paragraph 12 of L.3851/2010) or reduction of plants capacity with the obligation of written notification for the elements to be changed, as well as changes of the manufacturer type or equipment with submission of the required elements.
7. Until the issuance of RAE’s Decision foreseen by L. 3851/2010, with which the definitive limits of generation plants installed capacity are defined for the specific technology per island group, no connection offers will be granted.
8. After the issuance of the above mentioned Decision, the application forms submitted will be assessed according to their priority order.
For the procedure that will be followed, there will be future Announcement that will be released by HEDNO’s Islands Network Operation Department.
The connection offers will be granted until the coverage of the available limit for capacity absorbance for each island group.
If it is concluded that following the documents check, there are significant elements of the project that are incorrect or inaccurate with the applicant’s responsibility, the request will not be forwarded for further investigation and the folder will be returned to the interested party along with the relevant documentation.
9. The documents that are required, must be submitted in three copies and they include the following:
Α. For plants that have already acquired generation permit, the documents defined in article 4 of the Ministerial Decision ΥΠΑΝ/Δ6/Φ1/οικ.13310/2007 (Greek Government Gazette 1153/Β/ 10.07.2007) must be submitted.
Β. For plants which are exempted from the obligation of acquiring a generation permit, that is, with installed capacity up to 1 MW, the following documents must be submitted:
Β.1. Application form with applicant’s elements
- For legal persons
Name, headquarters, TIN, Tax Office, contact representative, address, e-mail,
- For natural persons
Name & Surname, address of residence, TIN, Tax Office, email, tel., fax.
Β.2. Legal documents for legal persons:
- Greek Government Gazette issue referring to the company incorporation & Greek Government Gazette issue referring to the company representation (for S.A. and Limited Liability Companies).
- Certified copy of the company Statutes, as registered in the Public Company Books in the Court of First Instance (for unlimited partnership, limited partnership, Private Capital Company).
Β.3. The technical elements that refer to paragraph 8 of the Application Form in the Annex of the Ministerial Decision ΥΠΑΝ/Δ6/Φ1/ οικ.13310/2007 (Greek Government Gazette 1153/Β/10.07.2007) must be filled in.
Β.4. Topographic plan – plan with the coverage of installation area including the coordinates of the plant according to HGRS87 bearing the stamp-signature of the competent engineer.
Β.5 HMGS map extract in 1:5.000 and 1:50.000 scales in polygon projection of the field with stamp-signature of the competent engineer.
Β.6. Titles of ownership or legal possession of the installation area
a) For the installation of the plant in private owned area by its owner, the following are submitted:
The title of property (certified copy of a notary deed for the property purchase and certificate of its registration to the Land Registry) or alternatively certified copy of memorandum for purchase agreement of the field.
b) For the plant installation in an area that is owned by a third party besides the owner, the following are submitted:
- The certified copy of the private agreement concerning the long-term lease for at least 25 years stamped by the tax office or alternatively, certified copy of notarial deed for long-term lease and copy of the certificate of registration to the Land Registry.
- Copy of lessor’s ownership title.
c) For plants that are installed in public forest areas:
Certificate issued by the Forestry Service according to L.4062/2012 article 39 paragraph 11b and Applicant’s Affidavit (with authenticated signature) mentioning that it is a public forest area.
Β.7. Technical characteristics and certifications of the electrological equipment that is, full description of generators, inverters etc., with the relevant substantiation by the equipment manufacturer including the relevant certifications.
Β.8. Technical elements of elevation transformer(s)
Β.9. Single line electrological diagram of the plant, bearing the original stamp and signature of the competent licensed engineer as well as Technical description of the electrological installation (LV or/and MV) and of the LV/MV elevation substation in the plant installation area.
Β.10. Description of the generation process and operation of the plant with explicit reference to the raw material used.
a. Technical description of the installation, technical characteristics of the mechanological equipment with the relevant manufacturer’s documentation and the relevant certifications, flow chart including the installation elements, their interconnections as well as the fuel and energy transmission network.
Description of the supply system and the technology of the raw material process.
b. Documents referring to the assurance of the required raw material (item, quantity, origin) for e.g. certifications, agreements etc.
Β.11. Sworn Statement of L. 1599/86 by the interested party or his legal representative (for legal persons) including the authentication of the signature in which the following are stated:
a) Whether the plant is subject to the Approval of Environmental Terms or is exempted from the Approval of Environmental Terms
b) The category of power generation in which the station is included, based on the energy price list table of article 5, paragraph 2 of L. 3851/2010
c) The used raw material and its process procedure (combustion, anaerobic digestion, gasification etc.)
d) That all the elements submitted in the application form are true.
10. Additional Clarifications
a) RES Plants with capacity up to 100 kW are connected to L.V. network, whereas, those above 100 kW are connected to M.V. network.
b) The elements of LV/MV elevation transformer refer to stations that are connected to the MV network and include at least: nominal power, winding configuration, primary and secondary nominal voltage, short-circuiting voltage, neutral grounding configuration.
c) The significant equipment of the installation, the generation units with explicit numbering, the voltage elevation transformers, compensation devices, decoupling and protection means will be presented in detail in the single line electrological diagram of the station connection.
d) Reference will be made for the installed equipment (cable types, configuration, grounding, protection devices, generators characteristics and elements, siting of installations on the topographic plan) in the technical description of the whole electrological installation (LV or/and MV) and of the LV/MV elevation transformer substation within the station installation area.
e) Additional documents, such as Building Permit by the Town Planning Agency or approvals or certifications (building conditions, use of land, intervention approvals etc.) will be requested in the stage of connection offers provision so as to be submitted before the conclusion of the connection agreements.