Documents for transferring a Plant before the beginning of its operation
Documents required for the transfer of RES power plants to other legal persons (holding a different VAT Registration No.) prior to commencement of operations. Transfer can take place provided that terms of Article 2, par. 12.2. of Law 3851/2010 are met.
1. If the Network Connection Agreement has not been signed, interested parties shall file an application to the competent HEDNO Regional Department (for up to 100 kW PV stations) or HEDNO’s Islands Network Operation Department (for all other stations) with the following documents:
- Case no. 1: The power plant operator is the owner of the plot
Original or certified copy of the notarial act for the transfer of plot, including the new registration certificate.
For plots covered by the land registry, a registrable deed entry certificate and the cadastral sheet.
- Case no. 2: The power plant operator leases the plot
Original or certified copy of the new operator private lease agreement (with a 25-year minimum duration), including a copy of the property lease information statement obtained by the Ministry of Finance website.
-Original or copy of the private agreement for the transfer of RES plant operation rights and licenses (RAE Exemption Decision etc.), certified by the competent Tax Office (D.O.Y).
-Document issued by the competent HEDNO Regional Department confirming non-activation of the power plant.
-Provided that construction of the power plant has commenced, interested parties have to submit original or copy of the private agreement (certified by D.O.Y. and including the relevant certified invoice) or original or certified copy of the notarial act for transfer of the existing plant equipment and fixed assets.
- For initial beneficiary and new operator legalization documents, please refer to the List of Documents Required for Business Legalization.
-Signature-certified L. 1599/86 solemn declaration where the legal representative of the new operator states that all information submitted to HEDNO is true and accurate and has not been modified.
Following check of submitted documentation, the New Operator Connection Agreement will be signed in the competent HEDNO Department. Interested parties shall then submit remaining documentation for the Electric Power Sale Agreement to HEDNO’s Islands Network Operation Department.
2. If the Network Connection Agreement has been signed, interested parties shall submit to the competent HEDNO Regional Department (for up to 100 kW PV stations) or HEDNO’s Islands Network Operation Department (for all other stations) documentation listed in paragraph 1. Following check of submitted documents, a Trilateral Agreement (Producer, Assignee, HEDNO) for amendment of the Network Connection Agreement will be signed.
Next, the signing of the Electric Power Sale Agreement (or Trilateral Agreement - Amendment) with HEDNO’s Islands Network Operation Department will take place.